Schools, Colleges, Youth Groups & Student Placements
As well as producing great food, Bosavern Community Farm is a great eco-hub for learning. We have hosted a range of educational visits from primary and secondary schools including local schools of St Just Primary School, Cape Cornwall GCSE Geography students, SENCO groups, Marazion Primary School, Mounts Bay Academy and Nancealverne School as well as city schools from London visiting the West Cornwall area. We have also hosted college and University students on long term placements,Year 10 Work Experience and Duke of Edinburgh student placements. Students learn teamwork and a wide range of practical skills. We have Public Liability Insurance, adequate safeguarding, DBS checks and can provide a Risk Assessment.
At Bosavern you can explore a more sustainable food system from plant to plate. We can offer land-based experiential learning for schools, colleges and youth groups based around themes such as food, regenerative farming, horticulture, composting, pollinators, wildflowers and conservation. Activities and tasks vary according to the season, but in the past have included:
- An introduction to bees and other pollinators (in 2016 we were awarded funding from Grow Wild at Kew Gardens to develop an Educational Bee Garden and Bee Education Shed
- Explore our polytunnels and taste our vegetables and herbs
- Sow seeds or plant seedlings
- Visit our chickens and collect their eggs
- Help recycle nutrients on the farm by learning all about composting
- Plant and protect trees in our community woodland
- Short farm tours & talks
- Customer Service
If you would like to arrange a group visit or a student placement, please contact us to discuss fees and requirements on 01736 788454 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.